Administration Attendance ASB Bookkeeper Bell Schedule Bus Schedules Contact Us Counseling Department Course Catalog Registrar
All-Staff Directory Resources Career Tech Ed English Language Arts English Language Development Health & Safety Mathematics Physical Education Science Social Science Special Ed Visual and Performing Arts World Languages
Academies A.R.T.S. Academy AVID Criminal Justice Academy Environmental Science Academy Health Sports Academy JROTC
Athletics Information Baseball Basketball Boys' and Girls' Golf Cheer & Song Cross Country Drumline Football Pacerettes Soccer Softball Swimming Track & Field Volleyball Wrestling Water Polo
Clubs and Organizations Home Page Community Associate Student Body and Student Council Grant Pacer Patrons Association Class 0f 2017 Class of 2018 Class of 2019 Class of 2020 Chem Club Anime Club BSU Circle of Friends CSF Drumline FNL Hmong Club Interact Polynesian Club iSí Se Puede! Skills USA Yearbook Vocal and Instrumental Music Pacers 4 Christ

Advisor

Shepherd, Tiffany
English Teacher, Webmaster

Passionately Pink Breakfast

Zi6_0893.JPG Zi6_0894.JPG Zi6_0895.JPG

Service Projects

Christmas Wrap

Bags Not Rags

Dress Every Girl Around The World

Heifer

Interact -- Philippines

Interact

banner.jpg

Purple Pinky Project October 2014

Homecoming Festival

Rotarians at Work Day!

DSC01019.jpg DSC01029.jpg DSC01030.jpg DSC01031.jpg DSC01032.jpg DSC01047.jpg DSC01004.jpg DSC01008.jpg DSC01014.jpg DSC01015.jpg DSC01016.jpg DSC01017.jpg

Updates and Minutes

 

 

2017-2018

9/7

Ice-breaker -- 5 random questions

Welcome new members!

Officers introduced themselves.

Next meeting -- Committee introductions -- Blood Drive, Kindness Rocks, Socktober, Teachers V. Students Events

Everyone Signed up for Committees

 

8/31

Reviewed committees and the tasks that need to be completed. Brainstormed specific tasks and assigned them to committee members.Reviewed committees and the tasks that need to be completed. Brainstormed specific tasks and assigned them to committee members.

 

Assigned lists of newly signed up members to current members. Each current member is to email those who signed up and invite them to the next meeting.

 

8/24

Signed up for times to work the club fair table.

 

8/17

Elected new officers -- see club page for elected officials' names

Brainstormed projects for September, October, November, and on-going

All members present signed up for a committee

 

2016-2017

 

5/4 -- NO MEETING - AP EXAMS

 

4/6 

The Rotary Club of North Sacramento, our Charter Club, visited today. Current President Nick, Upcoming President Molly Evalgelisti, and Past President Joann Lemmon attended. They shared some of the projects they've been working on such as Purple Pinkie Project, the Dictionary Distribution, the Rotary House, and the Spelling Bee. They also recognized Mrs. Shepherd as a Paul Harris Fellow for her work with Grant's Interact Club. She was given a pin and a certificate. They are excited to work alongside us next year in our projects and want to do some joint projects.

 

Continued discussion of Teacher Appreciation. Teachers really loved the Pacer Olympics! Interact could sponsor a monthly or bi-monthly play activity for teachers next year as a stress-reducer. Capture the flag, Kick Ball, Tennis, Volleyball, etc.

 

Also decided we would do hand written thank you  notes to teachers and attach them to water bottles and place them on the teachers' chairs at graduation. We need to come up with a pun to put on the labels.

 

We've determined we don't have time to complete a cutting party for Sole Hope this year. We will instead to a crayon drive. Mrs. Shepherd will collect the information for that project and disseminate it to us.

 

We want to participate in Fun in the Sun day this year and we hope to do a Purple Pinkie table. We will collect funds to help eradicate Polio. We will paint pinkies purple after a donation and maybe have candy or something to pass out to donors as well.

 

The Booster Club wants us to assist with the Crab Feed on Saturday. It is short notice, and we don't have any specifics yet, but as soon as Mrs. Shepherd gets the information she will Loop mail it to us.

 

Discussed whether senior members will wear silver cords at graduation this year. In the past, the most involved seniors were awarded silver cords. Seniors may want to do something different this year. Ideas to come at the next meeting.

 

3/30 -- GREAT GUM CHASE! -- Check out the pictures on FB!

3/23 -- Meeting Cancelled

3/16 

Discussed the negative response we got regarding our Teacher Appreciation project. Admin does not feel comfortable with it and offered some other suggestions. We thought of some other ideas and will continue to collect ideas and decide after the Great Gum Chase.

3/9

Discussed the outcomes from the 2/28 Blood Drive. We only collected 55 units, but we had over 80 attempt to donate. Lots of students were turned away because of fevers and colds.

 

The deadline for the Blood Source Scholarship is 3/31. All seniors who have contributed to our campus blood drives are eligible to apply. An email will be sent with the application to those who are in the Loop Group.

 

RYLA campers were selected. The Rotarians chose two campers and four alternates, but only two of the alternates returned their paperwork.

 

Planned three upcoming service projects: The Great Gum Chase (a campus project) to be completed on 3/23, A Sole Hope Party (international project) to be held on 4/20, and a Teacher Appreciation project (a campus project) to be completed during the week following AP Exams.

 

 

3/2

No Meeting -- Mrs. Shepherd was stuck at Jury Duty.

2/23

Met with Ian from Blood Source to review our goals for the 2/28 Blood Drive. Signed up for volunteer shifts. Hung up posters and fliers.

 

2/2

Meeting cancelled. Mrs. Shepherd was absent from school.

 

1/12

Debriefed on Wreaths Across America service project and the December 16th Blood Drive. No staff members donated blood that day, but we only missed our collection goals by 6 units! Start brainstorming ways to increase donations for the drive at the end of February.

 

Mrs. Shepherd reminded us about RYLA and the Speech contest and told us that nobody had applied to participate in either program. She passed out RYLA applications, and most of the Juniors at the meeting filled out the applications while at the meeting. Liliya signed up for the speech contest, and Mrs. Shepherd said she will go ahead and reach out again to the English teachers to find other participants.

 

12/15

Visit from Anna Bankert from Volunteers Across America. She came to collect the 211 pairs of socks we collected during Sock-Tober. She also brought brochures and information about other service opportunities in our community through her organization. We hope to continue our relationship with her and support their shelters and programs in our neighborhood.

 

12/1

Updates on upcoming service projects:

     * Blood Drive 12/16 -- still need volunteers for a few periods. Mrs. Shepherd will reach out to seniors who need hours for Government and CJ for help.

     *  Wreaths Across America 12/17 -- Meet at the cemetery at 11:45 AM for the noon ceremony and clean up. Mrs. Shepherd isn't taking sign-ups because people flaked on the Interact Conference. People signed up and were registered and they didn't show up.

 

11/10

Liliya Nikoleyeva came to talk about the opportunities of RYLA. She shared the benefits of her experiences and encouraged members of Interact who are juniors to apply. We also got information about the upcoming Rotary Speech Contest.

 

We began signing up for volunteer slots for the December 16th Blood Drive.

 

11/3

We assembled the door decorations for Red Ribbon Week! It looks great!

 

10/27

Decided upon a design for the door contest and printed materials for us to use. Members took parts of the design home with them to work on so that everything will be ready to assemble at the next meeting.

 

Discussion of making our meetings bi-weekly. We will revisit this after we deal with the door contest.

 

10/20

Liliya came to talk about her RYLA experiences and encouraged all juniors to apply. 

 

Alondra proposed we support the Red Ribbon Week efforts and design a door for the door contest.  We will make decisions about that at our next meeting and create the door just before judging on November 4th.

 

10/13

Updates on Sock-Tober. Our hallway thank you display continues to suffer at the hands of vandals. We need to create something a little more vandal proof. Mrs. Shepherd will put something simple together.

 

We have a secure date (Dec 15) for Ana from a local homeless shelter to come and collect the socks and talk to us about the services her shelter provides.

 

Discussed RYLA and the upcoming Interact Conference at Sac State. 6 students are interested in RYLA and there are 15 want to attend the conference. Mrs. Shepherd will register members for the conference.

 

10/6

Hallway display for celebrating the participants in Sock-Tober was designed and put up. Fliers were posted around school, in spite of the coming rain.

 

9/29

We met and wrote letters to the troops through Operation Gratitude. You can still write letters! See Mrs. Shepherd for details before Wednesday, October 5.

 

Alondra and Sandra agreed to chair the Sock-Tober project. Carolina agreed to contact Mr. Akbar and post an announcement. Nancy is designing fliers.

 

We will start Sock-tober work at our October 6th meeting! We will select a project chair and create posters and announcements.

 

9/22

Officer Elections were held, and new officers have been posted. Voted on all monthly projects and approved the projects for the entire year. They will be placed on the School Loop page and on FB on a month by month basis.

 

Locations determined for the Sock-Tober collection boxes.

Join Us!

The Interact Club meets Thursdays in B-12 from 2:45 to 3:45

Upcoming Events and Projects!

New projects coming soon!

This text will be replaced

About Interact

Click HERE to learn more about this international student organization.

Interact Calendar

Blood Drive

Volunteering

Need to Verify Service Hours?

Click HERE  to download the form you need to verify your participation in Interact's Community Service Projects!

Dress A Girl Around the World Project

P1010831.JPG P1010830.JPG P1010832.JPG P1010829.JPG P1010828.JPG P1010833.JPG P1010834.JPG

Interact Conference 2011

Int conf 15.jpg Int conf 16.jpg Int Conf 17.jpg Int conf 18.jpg Int conf 19.jpg Int Conf 20.jpg Int Conf 1.jpg Int conf 2.jpg Int Conf 3.jpg Int Conf 4.jpg Int conf 5.jpg Int Conf 6.jpg Int Conf 7.jpg Int Conf 8.jpg Int Conf 9.jpg Int conf 10.jpg Int Conf 11.jpg Int Conf 12.jpg Int conf 13.jpg

2016-2017 Officers

President --Eric Martinez

VP -- Nancy Xiong

Secretary --   Alondra Grano

Historian -- Sandra Alfaro

Social Media -- Carolina Alfaro